Senior School The Arts
Vibrant and full of life, The Arts department is a spirited display of the heart and soul of Fairholme College.
An avenue of creativity and self-expression, The Arts offers students an opportunity to acquire academic competencies and interpersonal skills through involvement in the artistic process. Offerings include Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts, Debating, Public Speaking and Sound & Lighting opportunities.
The cultural profile of the College is enriched by a strong set of performance and presentation events to showcase the highly valued depth and talent of the girls:
- Kaleidoscope Concert Series
- Junior and Middle School Lunchtime Concerts
- Senior School Recitals
- Junior, Middle and Senior School Assemblies
- Singout and Stringout Festivals
- City of Toowoomba Eisteddfod
- Annual Instrumental and Choral Music Camps
- Curtain Call Arts Presentation Evening
- GetSmART - Arts Festival
- College services / events
- Co-productions musicals
- Dance and Drama Showcases
- Visual Art Displays, Exhibitions and Regional Competitions
- Various Touring and Community performance opportunities
We look forward to welcoming your daughter to the wonderful world of The Arts at Fairholme College.
Individual/Group Tuition for Music/Speech & Drama Application Form
The Arts Facilities
- The Patrea O’Shea Performing Arts Centre, home to Junior and Senior Classroom Music, Co-curricular Ensemble Music, specialist studios for Music tuition (and practice) and the Dance Studio.
- 2 Additional Music Rooms located in the Middle School
- 2 Visual Arts Spaces
- 2 Drama Spaces
- Performance venues include the Assembly Hall (with Yamaha C3 Grand Piano & Pipe Organ), Cameron Room (Homestead) and New Chapel
The Arts as a Subject
Fairholme College includes arts activities for all year levels from the Prep through to Year 12. Students may participate in The Arts through both academic programs in class and also the thriving co-curricular program outside of school hours. Students will be introduced to all, or a combination, of classroom subjects in the Middle School, with the opportunity to continue through elective subjects in the Senior School.
The Arts subjects, all QCAA (Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority) board-registered subjects, are Dance, Drama, Music, Music Extension (Year 12) and Visual Art. As authority subjects they are based on syllabuses that have been approved and issued by the QCAA. Results in these Authority subjects can count in the calculation of OPs and FPs.
Any enquiries regarding The Arts, including event information, can be directed to Mrs Kathy Siebuhr, Assistant to Visual Arts Departments via Angie.Stephens@fairholme.qld.edu.au