Senior School Sport
Fairholme College is passionate about supporting the next generation of sporting champions as well as developing a healthy future for all students.
The College is recognised as one of the leading physical activity providers in Australia, with Olympians such as such as Liz Hepple, Cathy Freeman and Dannielle Leisch having developed their skills whilst attending Fairholme College.
Sport is an integral part of life at Fairholme with the emphasis being on enjoyment, participation and sport etiquette. A wide variety of sporting activities are offered in both competitive and non-competitive environments. Students who excel in their competitive sports are encouraged to pursue their talent at Interhouse, Regional, State, National and International levels.
Our exceptionally hard-working and caring coaches have inspired Fairholme students to achieve the following competition accolades for the College:
- Regularly achieves most participating teams of all schools on the Darling Downs entered into Toowoomba School Sports competitions
- Regularly achieves premierships in all sports at Toowoomba School Sports competitions, including basketball, football, futsal, hockey, indoor cricket, netball, softball, squash, swimming, tennis, touch football, volleyball, water polo
- Regular champion school in Toowoomba and on the Darling Downs in cross country, swimming and athletics
- State champions in football and cross country
- Winners of over ten Australian National Titles in athletics and an international touch football tournament
- Qualifiers for major competitions and carnivals in equestrian and gymnastics.
Keeping in Touch
Any sport enquiries, including event information and results, can be directed to Mrs Lee-Ann Grantham for Junior School or Ms Lea Munro for Middle and Senior School. Or the Head of Sport Tony Tregaskis