Delivered right throughout Junior, Middle and Senior School, careers education at Fairholme is based on the Australian Blueprint for Career Development.
The Australian Blueprint for Career Development offers a framework for creating, strengthening and evaluating career development programs for young people and adults. Competencies learned promote intentional career development, lifelong learning and life/work balance.
By the time they graduate from Year 12, Fairholme girls are developed to:
- Objectively identify their own strengths, aspirations, values and abilities – their ‘toolkit’;
- Understand the correlations between gainful employment, society and our economy;
- Appreciate how their day-to-day demeanour, behaviour and attitudes impact on themselves and others in the workplace;
- Research demand trends for key industries, professions and qualifications;
- Recognise the skill set, values and level of education required by an individual for the profession of their choice;
- Foster a sense of healthy ambition, build perseverance, and learn how to deal with disappointment; and…
- Make well-informed choices and education pursuits that will enhance their career and adult life.