Middle School The Arts
The diverse and vigorous co-curricular program, managed by teachers and visiting specialists, covers all aspects of the Arts and service activities
Co-curricular activities include:
- College orchestras, concert and stage bands, jazz group, instrumental and vocal ensembles and College and Chamber choirs.
- Music tuition in voice, many instrument types, music technology, theory/ aural musicianship.
- Drama activities with opportunities for performance, sound & lighting technology and stage management.
- Biennial Musical Co-Productions with the Toowoomba Grammar School including all aspects of performance, sound, lighting, set design and backstage crew work.
- Visual Arts groups, Eikon and Nokie.
- Inter and intra-school debating and public speaking, including Queensland Debating Union competition and Rostrum Public Speaking contests.
- After school program in speech and drama tuition working towards certification from Speech in Action, A.M.E.B.
- Get smART Arts Festival with keen Interhouse competitions in music, drama, dance, art, debating and public speaking.
- A commitment to community service through a variety of events such as the Leukaemia Foundation’s ‘Light the Night’, the Probus ‘Garden Settlement’ morning tea performances, the First Coat Street Art volunteer program, the Drought Relief Concerts and Women of Strength luncheons.
This intensive and comprehensive co-curricular program leads to discipline and determination - valuable components of personal development.