Junior School The Arts
Vibrant and full of life, The Arts department is a spirited display of the heart and soul of Fairholme College.
Enriching the lives of our Junior School students through a rich tapestry of creative experiences, our students are immersed in a program across multiple facets of the Arts including dance, drama, music and visual arts with dynamic and experienced specialist teachers.
The classroom program is enhanced through many extra opportunities including :
- membership of instrumental and vocal ensembles
- performances in stage productions
- the showcasing of our visual arts within the community
- lunchtime concerts
- Sing Out Festival and String Out Festival
- City of Toowoomba Eisteddfod
We look forward to welcoming your daughter to the wonderful world of The Arts at Fairholme College.
Specialist Music Speech & Drama
Individual/Group Tuition for Music/Speech & Drama Application Form
The Arts Facilities
- The Patrea O’Shea Performing Arts Centre, home to Junior and Senior Classroom Music, Co-curricular Ensemble Music, specialist studios for Music tuition (and practice) and the Dance Studio.
- 2 Additional Music Rooms located in the Middle School
- 2 Visual Arts Spaces
- 2 Drama Spaces
- Performance venues include the Assembly Hall (with Yamaha C3 Grand Piano & Pipe Organ), Cameron Room (Homestead) and New Chapel
Rehearsals for our Junior School Musical, The Mystery of Foxglove Manor, are now in full swing. We are currently preparing costume letters to email home to parents in each year level. These letters outline the requirements for each class. Please look out for the costume letter.
We have had a great start to our Years 4 to 6 Chorale. The girls are making a beautiful sound and we can’t wait to perform at the Eisteddfod early in Term 2. It is not too late to join, so if your daughter loves to sing, she may join us on Thursday mornings at 7.30am in the New Chapel in the Middle School.