Scholarships at Fairholme
Fairholme College is committed to providing outstanding educational opportunities for girls and nurturing their individual interests and talents.
As part of this commitment, the College offers a range of scholarships and bursaries with part remission of tuition fees. Due to finite availability, preference is given to those students who would not otherwise have the opportunity to benefit from a Fairholme education. All scholarship recipients will be aligned with and supportive of the College values.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of results from the annual ACER Scholarship examination as well as the application of the candidate. They are awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors and are subject to an annual review.
All scholarships, bursaries and fee remissions are open to students not currently enrolled at the College. Current students may apply for a scholarship or bursary in conjunction with the financial needs application process.
The College invites Music scholarship applications for internal and external candidates. These candidates will be invited to audition, the day before the ACER exam.
The following scholarships and bursaries are offered:
- Academic Scholarships
- Board of Directors’ Bursary
- Music Scholarships (See above page links to details on each)
- Means-tested Fee Remission
The ACER scholarship exam is held at the College on the first Saturday in March, for the following year’s intake. Registrations to sit the exam are open on the Fairholme website in December of the previous year. All scholarship applicants are required to sit this exam. Families are also invited to submit additional information to support their daughter’s application.
Applications for 2018 Scholarships have now closed. You may register your interest in 2019 scholarships ›
Notes on Scholarships
- The value and duration of all scholarships is at the discretion of the board and all scholarships are a percentage of tuition only.
- The school requires that all applicants and their families support the College’s mission and ethos in full.
- Fairholme College does not publish or share scholarship examination results with applicants.
- The College reserves the right not to offer a scholarship or scholarships at a particular Year level or within a specific category.
- When the scholarship is offered to the successful applicant it is a requirement that all of the usual enrolment fees are to be paid in full.
If you have any questions, or wish to obtain an application form for a scholarship or remission, please contact the Enrolments Officer via 07 4688 4688 or email@example.com