Scholarships at Fairholme
Fairholme College is committed to providing outstanding educational opportunities for girls and nurturing their individual interests and talents.
As part of this commitment, the College offers a range of scholarships and bursaries with part remission of tuition fees. Due to finite availability, preference is given to those students who would not otherwise have the opportunity to benefit from a Fairholme education. All scholarship recipients will be aligned with and supportive of the College values.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of results from the annual ACER Scholarship examination as well as the application of the candidate. They are awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors and are subject to an annual review.
The Annual ACER Scholarship exam is held at Fairholme in February each year. Students (current or prospective) who are entering Year 7 or Year 10 of the year following their exam sitting, are eligible. Results from the ACER examination, along with portfolio information assist the Board’s Finance Committee in reaching decisions.
Board of Directors’ Bursaries and Financial Need Remissions may be awarded in conjunction with the scholarship process, or from time to time, where funds are available. Current and prospective students may be considered for such assistance, on a needs basis.
The College invites Music scholarship applications for internal and external candidates. These candidates will be invited to audition, the day before the ACER exam.
The following scholarships and bursaries are offered:
- Academic Scholarships
- Board of Directors’ Bursary
- Music Scholarships (See above page links to details on each)
- Means-tested Fee Remission
The ACER scholarship exam will be held at the College on Saturday 23 February, 2019. All scholarship applicants are required to sit this exam.
ACER testing for 2020 scholarships will take place on Saturday 23 February, 2019 at Fairholme College with Music auditions taking place on Friday 22 February, 2019.
All applications for the ACER scholarship examination will incur a fee of $105 (per application).
Remote Exam Locations:
If distance prevents travelling to the College on Saturday 23 February, ACER are able to arrange a special sittings in remote areas. Please contact ACER regarding this option.
Registrations can only be made on-line via the ACER Scholarship web site ›
Once logged-in on the ACER site you may choose one of:
- Level 1 if your child is entering Year 7 in 2020.
- Level 2 if your child is entering Year 9 or 10 in 2020.
Applications close for all 2020 Scholarships, on 4 February 2019. Please contact Enrolment Officer Emily Veal via email@example.com or 07 4688 4635 if you wish to make an application after this date.
Please note: All candidates are invited to submit supporting documentation on the day of the exam. We ask that this restricted to copies of the most recent and highest level of achievement, in a clearly named A4 envelope.
These documents will be collected as candidates register their attendance on the day of the examination.
All music and ICPA candidates will also be considered for Academic and General Scholarships. If you would like to make an application fo 2020, please go to Apply for enrolment online or download the Application for Enrolment form (500KB PDF)
Notes on Scholarships
- The value and duration of all scholarships is at the discretion of the board and all scholarships are a percentage of tuition only.
- The school requires that all applicants and their families support the College’s mission and ethos in full.
- Fairholme College does not publish or share scholarship examination results with applicants.
- The College reserves the right not to offer a scholarship or scholarships at a particular Year level or within a specific category.
- When the scholarship is offered to the successful applicant it is a requirement that all of the usual enrolment fees are to be paid in full.
If you have any questions, or wish to obtain an application form for a scholarship or remission, please contact the Enrolments Officer via 07 4688 4688 or firstname.lastname@example.org