Facets of Fairholme 2018
‘Facets of Fairholme’ - 2018 Art Exhibition
In 2017, Fairholme College, (a College of the Presbyterian Church of Queensland), celebrated ‘100 Years At Fairholme’ and as a part of the festivities to mark this exciting milestone, an inaugural Art Exhibition, the ‘Facets of Fairholme’, was held at the College. Following on from the success of this boutique exhibition, plans are underway to host another such event on the 3 – 4 August 2018.
The intent of the ‘Facets of Fairholme’ Art Exhibition is to offer Artists, Students and audience members a shared platform in which to intellectually engage in the expression of lateral thought and current arts practices, by exploring human experiences and encouraging, challenging and provoking new ways of connecting and appreciating the world around us.
Now in its second year, the ‘Facets of Fairholme’ committee is delighted to invite artists to an open call for submissions for this year’s Art Exhibition. Held between Friday 3 August and Saturday 4 August, 2018, the exhibition will provide local, regional, national and international artists an exciting opportunity to exhibit their works in a refined, boutique setting. Up to 200 works will be exhibited and these works will vie for a number of awards and acquisition including:
- The Mary Snow Memorial Emerging Artist Award
- The Condon Charles Lawyers Open Art Prize
- The Fairholme Old Girls Association Past Student Award
- The Supporters of Fairholme Arts Current Student Award NB: This award may be shared.
- The Stonestreets Packer’s Open Art Prize
- The Hutchinson Builders Acquisitive Award (Presentation and Certificate)
The Organizing Committee are seeking a diverse range of artworks, reflecting a variety of subject matter, processes and mediums. Fairholme reserves the right of final approval of all works to be exhibited, in particular those that do not reflect the intention of the Exhibition or the values of the College.
- Entries are invited from Artists interested in exhibiting works at the ‘Facets of Fairholme’ Art Exhibition. The choice of subject is open to the interest of the Artist.
- Artists will also be required to provide a brief artist statement to accompany the work for the Exhibition Catalogue.
- All works MUST be made available for sale and prices are to include a 25% commission fee.
- $30.00 per Artist (regardless of the number of entries) - This entry fee will also cover free admission to the Exhibition on Saturday 4 August.
- Expressions of Interest (see form below) close Monday 30 April 2018.
- Entry form (see form below) including jpeg images of work/s – must be submitted NO LATER THAN Friday 29 June 2018
- Delivery of Works to Fairholme Assembly Hall: Friday 3 August 2018 (6.30pm)
- Tickets available via this site from early May. Opening Night 3 August 2018 $60.00pp
- Open to Public – Saturday 4 August 2018 10–3pm $5pp (Artists – Free Entry)
- ‘Facets Food & Fine Fare’ (Refreshments): Saturday 4 August 2018 10–3pm
- Collection of Sold Works: After 4.00pm on Saturday 4 August
- Collection of Unsold Works: Between 5–6.00pm Saturday 4 August.
There is no restriction on mediums used, however works cannot exceed 1500mm × 1500mm. Artists MUST ensure all works are ready for hanging/display with appropriate hardware securely attached. D HOOKS MUST BE ATTACHED TO ALL 2D WORKS. Works must be able to be safely lifted by two people. No individual component should exceed 20kgs.
Whilst every care is taken, the artist is responsible for insurance of artwork to, during and from the exhibition.
Please read and consider the Terms & Conditions ›
Please complete the following Expression of Interest Form (below), so that your details can be added to the ‘Facets of Fairholme’ Art Exhibition database, in order to receive further details and the entry form/s for the Exhibition.
T 07 4688 4688
Submit Your Expression of Interest
Submit Your Artwork Entry
Entry Form, Payment and Artwork upload will be available from Monday 30 April.
Please contact us if you have questions or difficulties sharing your photos. firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 4688 4688.