Friends of Junior School (FOJS) seeks to support the work of the Junior School in enhancing the educational environment for all Kindy, Prep and Junior students.
Equally, the FOJS group provides an important friend-family-community network and forum for parents.
FOJS falls under the umbrella of the Fairholme College P&F and was established as a support network for parents and friends of Junior School students.
FOJS: Monthly Meetings
The meetings (Second Tuesday of every month from 6pm to 7pm in Greta Junior) are a great opportunity to meet other parents and to find out what is happening in the Junior School.
Meetings usually involve:
- A small presentation by a guest speaker
- A discussion of up-coming junior events
- Planning for fundraising activities and social occasions such as the Ladies and Lassies High Tea event each year and stalls at Athletics and Swimming events
We are always looking for new and different ideas for the year and invite you to please join us for a coffee and a chat.
FOJS: Class Ambassadors
Each class has one parent who volunteers to be Class Ambassador for the year.
Along with a FOJS Co-ordinator, the Class Ambassadors:
- Organise volunteers for fundraising days your class has adopted, as well as
- Arrange occasional parent and student social events.
These social events are simply opportunities for families to meet and make connections. Ideas for consideration include:
- A picnic in the park
- Dinner night
- Pool play date
- A table at the Gala Ball or perhaps
- Just parents getting together for a coffee after a morning drop-off.
The FOJS team will be there to give ideas and support throughout the year.
Meet With Us
Date: 2nd Tuesday of each month
Time: 6pm – 7pm.
Venue: Greta Junior
Fairholme Junior School: 07 4688 4647 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org