Boarding House Supervisor (Fixed Term Contract).
Contract Boarding House Supervisor position for Semester 2 2017.
Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the Range escarpment in Australia's Garden City of Toowoomba, Fairholme College is one of Australia’s leading independent girls’ schools with around 800 students from Kindy to Year 12.
Fairholme students enjoy outstanding success in the academic pursuit, as well as in sporting, cultural and service activities. Please explore further on the College website to learn more about Fairholme’s offerings and our students’ achievements.
From the establishment of our predecessor school in 1908, through the move to our current location in 1917 and into the 21st century, Fairholme is committed to a student enrolment split roughly 40/60 between country boarders and Toowoomba day girls, and to single-sex girls’ education.
A College of the Presbyterian Church of Queensland, Fairholme is committed to creating a caring Christian community where all we do is undergirded by our Christian faith.
The Person we seek for this position will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Support positively the Christian ethos and mission of Fairholme College;
- A clear understanding of the specific needs of boarding students and their families;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team;
- Willingness to be involved in life of the College community and the students;
- Strong communication skills and a genuine love of working with young people.
This position is a contract for Semester 2 2017 working as a full time Boarding House Supervisor within a set roster. The position will be reviewed for the 2018 school year in term 4 2017 and may include permanent work. Full accommodation and meals are provided during term time. The successful candidate is responsible to the Deputy Head of Boarding, and ultimately the Head of Boarding for day to day operational procedures in the Boarding House. A Blue Card is required.
- Be able to work as a member of a team involved in the welfare, supervision, safety and health of the Boarders
- Maintaining consistent and fair practices of behaviour management that are in keeping with the ethos of the College.
- Assist in promoting academic excellence for all Boarders to maximise their learning potential by assisting and encouraging a sound study environment, particularly by supervising Prep for Years 11 and 12 Boarders.
- Promote and lead effective leisure activities for the girls
- Maintain and encourage attendance at church
- Perform Boarding House office duties as required
- Involved in the semester reporting system of the College
- Role model and reinforce to the girls’ high standards of behaviour, manners, dress and punctuality
Applications, which close 5:00pm Thursday 22 June 2017, should include full curriculum vitae, address the specific duties and include the names and addresses of 3 referees, and be sent to:
Head of Boarding
PO Box 688
Phone: +61 7 4688 4688
Fax: +61 7 4688 4694
Proudly a College of the Presbyterian Church of Queensland