Fairholme Athletics Club
Fairholme Athletics is recognised throughout Australia as one of the major developmental bodies for young athletes. Enabled to compete at elite level through the Fairholme Athletics Club, our athletes are trained by qualified coaches, some of which are recognised within the state as leaders in their field. Countless athletes from Fairholme have achieved national ranking in their chosen discipline.
Annual events include:
- Fairholme Junior Interhouse Athletics Carnival
- Fairholme Middle and Senior Interhouse Athletics Carnival
- Andrews Cup
- Toowoomba Secondary Schools ‘A’ Schools Athletics Championships
- Queensland Junior Athletics Championships
- Queensland Secondary School Athletics Championships
- Sunshine Coast Athletics Meet
- University of Queensland Athletics Holiday Clinic
- Queensland Athletics Interclub Meet
- Athletics Australia Schools Knockout Championships
With the emphasis on high level school based Athletics now firmly focused on the National Club Championships in Sydney during March of 2014, Fairholme has announced that it will return to being an Athletics Australia Track & Field Club.
The first School based Club in Queensland, the Fairholme Athletics Club operated on the Darling Downs during the 1990s and early 2000s with members from as far afield as New South Wales and Central Queensland. As the Athletics Program grew rapidly at the College, the Club was slowly disbanded.
Queensland Athletics has welcomed the decision to return to Club status in the knowledge it will present greater opportunities for athletes at Fairholme as well as those from across Southern Queensland to reach the highest levels in their chosen events.
Keeping in Touch:
President: Grahame Pitt
Secretary: John Sessarago
Treasurer: Lauren Murry
Coaching Co-ordinator: Debbie Wells
T: 07 4688 4634