Co-curricular & Extra-curricular Activities
The diverse and vigorous co-curricular program, managed by teachers and professional coaches, covers cultural, sporting and service activities:
- College orchestras, concert and stage bands, jazz group,instrumental and vocal ensembles, choirs, music tuition in voice, strings including guitar, brass, woodwind, percussion, piano, theory/musicianship.
- Drama activities with opportunities for performance, lighting technology, costume design and stage management.
- Musical Productions including all aspects of performance, sound, lighting and backstage crew work.
- Inter and intra-school debating and public speaking, including Apex and Queensland Debating Union competition and Rostrum, Jaycees, Britain-Australia Society, Lions and Quota contests.
- After school programme in speech and drama tuition working towards certification from Trinity, Speech in Action, A.M.E.B.
- Arts Festival with keen interhouse competitions in music, drama, dance, art, debating and public speaking.
- Comprehensive programme of sporting participation in: athletics, ball games, basketball, cross country, equestrian, gymnastics, hockey, indoor cricket, netball, soccer, softball, squash, swimming, tennis, touch, volleyball and water polo.
- A commitment to community service through a large and very active Interact Club, Amnesty International, Student Representative Council, Kids Run for Kids, Jump Rope for Heart, Virginia Noakes Memorial Spellathon and Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
This intensive and comprehensive co-curricular program leads to discipline and determination - valuable components of personal development.