Library & Information Services
Fairholme Library & Information Services are provided in two college libraries:
Fairholme Junior Library (FJL) for the Junior School;
Greta Statham Library & Learning Centre (TLC) for the Middle & Senior Schools.
The libraries at Fairholme are dynamic learning environments which empower students and support 21st century learning. They are not just places for reading in, but they are places for thinking, exploring, creating, collaborating… which means they are rarely silent.
The Library & Information Services team aims to provide excellent services to meet the needs of students and staff. See below for aims.
The dedicated Library & Information Services (LIS) team includes:
- Head of Library & Information Services: Teacher-Librarian, Mrs Melanie Hassall;
- Library Technician, Ms Joanne Andrews;
- Library Assistants, Mrs Samantha Back, Mrs Carolyn Brunner & Mrs Antoinette Porter;
- Year 10 LIS Assistants (Student Positions);
- Volunteer Parents and Friends.
Library & Information Services Aims
Fairholme Library & Information Services strives to:
- empower all students to become independent life-long learners who are critical and creative thinkers;
- assist students to develop information and communication technology competence through the explicit teaching of contextual information literacy skills;
- promote a love of literature and a culture of reading for enjoyment whilst students are developing literacy skills;
- collaborate with teachers to provide resources to support a diverse, challenging and differentiated K-12 curriculum;
- provide access to an extensive and diverse collection of print, non-print and digital resources to support the academic, spiritual, cultural and recreational needs of students;
- create caring, challenging and inspiring community environments where students, staff and parents can collaborate and share positive and enriching learning experiences;
- support the moral and ethical use of information assisting students to develop personal and social competence;
- nurture students’ intellectual curiosity and assist them to interact with information and with each other whilst developing their knowledge and understanding to become well-educated individuals who are capable of making responsible decisions.
Copyright ©1999-2013 Fairholme College (Toowoomba) Pty Ltd ABN 78 096 814 130
CRICOS Provider Code: 00651J
Legal Jurisdiction of the State of Queensland applies.
Site by IDO