Fairholme Aquatics Swim Club
Our Club exists to provide competition opportunities for swimmers in the Fairholme College program, and the wider community including girls from other schools, and boys.
Fairholme Aquatics Swim Club, or FAST (Fairholme Aquatics Swim Team) provides training for swimmers from Year 4 and younger, in some cases through to school-leavers. Once a swimmer commences FAST training, usually with Junior Fitness, their pathway is as unique and individual as they are, with competitive squad invitations dependent on age and ability.
Our fitness squads – Junior and Senior provide swimming training for fitness, while our competitive squads – Target, Development and Performance- offer an increased level of swimming and competitive focus.
- Please read the full guide on FAST Swim Club located under Learn More, at right.
- Contact Fairholme Aquatic Centre Office on 07 4688 4658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our friendly staff, who will follow up with the appropriate coach as to the most suitable squad for your child. This will usually be Junior or Senior Fitness to start with.
- Finalise your paperwork and payment for:
- Club Membership
- Training fees if applicable;
- Competitive squad levy if applicable; and
- FAST Club swim cap and shirt, if racing at external swim meets.
Payment for the coming term must be made in advance.
Club Nights are held throughout the year, giving swimmers the opportunity to practice their skills in a familiar, 'home turf' race environment. These nights are a great introduction to competitive swimming, as well as a fun, relaxed social gathering for the whole Club.
We aim to hold three Club Nights per term on Friday nights during Terms 1, 2 and 4 (FAST League is held during Term 3). Swimmers must enter the events they wish to swim in prior to start time. Children under the age of 13 attending Club Night must be supervised by a parent at all times.
To make these nights possible, we rely on Mums and Dads helping out. Don't worry if any of these roles are a new task for you - they are easy and we give training! Helper roles include timekeeping, starter, marshaller, BBQer or food stall helper and data entry.
Are you in a position to sponsor a Club event, team activity or morale-boosting reward for our swimmers? If so we would love to hear from you! All sponsor contributions are gratefully acknowledged and promoted to our Club members, College families and beyond. Please email email@example.com