‘Facets of Fairholme’ Art Exhibition
In 2017, Fairholme College celebrates ‘100 Years At Fairholme’, as a part of the celebrations, preparations are underway for a unique Art Exhibition, ‘Facets of Fairholme’, to be held at the College Assembly Hall on the 13, 14 and 15 October 2017.
We are seeking Artists and need your assistance in passing this information on to those that may be interested in contributing works.
Artists may have a either a direct connection to the College such as a Past or Present Student, Parent or Staff Member, or a broader connection with the College, such as a neighbour, member of the wider Toowoomba community or even an artist from a Regional Centre, who knows of the College.
We would to hear from anyone interested in being a part of this exciting event!
Artworks for the ‘Facets of Fairholme’ Art exhibition are open to the interest of the artist, but we are particularly interested in but not limited to works that reflect the history, memories or contemporary impressions of Fairholme, celebrating the life of the College. You may, for example, be interested in exhibiting works that reflect your own school experience.
- Artists must supply a brief statement indicating their connection to Fairholme College. eg Past or Present Student, Parent or Staff member; wider Toowoomba community member or Regional Artist.
- Artists will also be required to provide a brief artist statement to accompany the work for the Exhibition Catalogue.
Artists are invited to engage with the College in a number of ways during Semester 1, 2017.
- On-site: Artists are welcome to come to the College to create their works, be inspired by the environment or access archival materials as stimulus for the creation of their works.
- Artist talks: Artists are invited to meet with current students and discuss your work, career and connection with the College.
- Off-site: Artists who are unable to come to the College, are still welcome to submit works for the Exhibition, however, works MUST respond to the Exhibition Brief.
The Organizing Committee are seeking a diverse range of works that may ‘Celebrate the life of the College’. Fairholme reserves the right of final approval of all works to be exhibited, in particular, those that do not reflect the values of the College.
- On-site Access: Through to June 2017
- ’Open Homestead’ for interested Artists to work onsite - May 2017
- Archival Access: by appointment firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist Talks: by negotiation, please contact email@example.com
- Entry forms and digital images of work/s: August 2017
- Delivery of Works to Fairholme Assembly Hall: Friday 6 October 2017 (9.00-4.00pm)
- Official Opening/Award Presentations: Friday 13 October 2017 (7.00pm)
- Finalists Exhibition Dates: Saturday 14 - Sunday 15 October 2017 (NB: Sold works to be collected after 4.00pm on Sunday)
- Collection of Unsold Works: between 6.00pm - 8.00pm Sunday 15 October or between 9.00am - 12.00pm Monday 16 October.
There is no restriction on mediums used, however works cannot exceed 1500mm × 1500mm. Artists MUST ensure all works are ready for hanging/display with appropriate hardware securely attached. D HOOKS MUST BE ATTACHED TO ALL 2D WORKS. Works must be able to be safely lifted by two people. No individual component should exceed 20kgs.
Whilst every care is taken, the artist is responsible for insurance of artwork to, during and from the exhibition.
Please read and consider the Terms & Conditions ›
Please complete the following Expression of Interest Form (below), so that your details can be added to the ‘Facets of Fairholme’ Art Exhibition database, in order to receive further details and the entry form/s for the Exhibition.
T 07 4688 4688
‘Open Homestead’ for Artists
Emerging artist Bronte Naylor believes a picture can literally paint a thousand words for students today. The Artist, also known as Noke, says she hopes Fairholme’s art exhibition in 2017 will show young artists there’s much more to their work than the end product. Read news story›
Submit Your Expression of Interest
Submit Your Artwork Entry
Please supply a high quality image or images of your artwork. Most common image file-types are acceptable. Multiple images can be selected and submitted with your entry submission. However, there is a maximum file upload size of 4MB (megabytes) per submission - all image files combined. It is best if you can supply the highest quality image available. Contact us if you need assistance obtaining suitable images or prefer submitting images via another means.
Please contact us if you have questions or difficulties sharing your photos. firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 4688 4688.